Friday, December 03, 2004

My call story, Prophetic style

In the seventh year of Ronald Reagan’s reign, the word of the Lord came out of my mouth, but it was echoes echoes echoes of my father’s words at the altar.
It is indeed right and salutary that at all times and in all places that we offer thanks and praise and join their unending hymn:
Holy! Holy! Holy!
I wanted to reach a people, but I had none. I was but a child.

In the fourth year of Bill Clinton’s reign, the word of the Lord came before my eyes, and it was good good good for me to hear.
I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth.
My life flashed before my eyes and I saw you, God, there at all points watching me, holding me and loving me. I wanted to reach a people, but I had none. I was but an outsider.

In the seventh year of Bill Clinton’s reign, the word of Lord came before my eyes, but it was beneath, beneath, beneath layers of anger at the destruction of the European Church.
But this time it was my own words:
Woe to you who proclaimed justice without God’s kingdom!
Woe to you who stopped feeding people the bread of life!
Woe to you who tore down the Scriptures!
Woe to you who stopped telling the story of good news!
I wanted to reach a people, but they were not my own. I was but a foreigner.

In the fifth year of George Bush’s reign, the word of the Lord came upon me, and it was stirring stirring stirring my heart, my mind and soul
Go home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.
I sang out to God:
I love to tell the story for those who know it best
And the Word of the Lord again came upon me
It is too light a thing that you should be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob and to restore the survivors of Israel; I will give you as a light to the nations, that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth.
I want to reach people, but not just family and friends. The ends of the earth means children, outsiders and foreigners, all of whom I have been and will be.
I asked God: What shall I say.
And the Word of the Lord again came upon me
Whatever is given you at that time, for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home